Monday, August 30, 2010

Preparing for Take-off

Hello World (Yes, Wordpress, I stole that.)

Soooooooooo I'm finally getting around to actually adding a post to the blog about the fact that the rest of the GSE team and I will be heading to Denmark on Friday. Yep. Preparing for take-off.

So far my week of final preparations has included an ideterminable amount of trips to Target and Walmart for the things I forgot, and the normal girly stuff like making sure my hair will hold up over the next month without too much hassle. I'm convincing myself too that no matter how much ironing and starching I do now, things will be wrinkled by the time I get to Denmark. I hope the Danes don't mind a rumple or two.

I've also been doing quite a bit of snuggling with Glory, my basset hound, who I will sorely miss when I am away. My roomate has been warned that when I call or skype home he will need to hold the phone or laptop up so I can talk to my dog. A four pound bag of dog treats is sitting on the counter and kibble is stocked in the pantry, toys appear all over the apartment, but I will still worry!

I'll keep you all updated here, but also check out our GSE team blog at http://gseorlando.wordpress.com. We will all be updating there daily (if we stay on schedule).

No comments:

Post a Comment